Wednesday, April 20, 2011

North Carolina folks are the best.

I went to photograph a clients home yesterday. When I got there I found they had moved another family into their home. A mother and two young children had their home damaged by the tornado. Both families' fathers are deployed defending our nation. My client wants to sell and always has her home immaculate. You would think she would avoid the hassle of having two extra kids and one adult in her home. There was no hesitation. She did what she could to help out her neighbor.

This morning I read the Sun Journal article about Trader Construction. I went to work for Trader 41 years ago this June. It was a great place to work. I spent my school vacations during high school and college digging foundations, pouring concrete, hanging steel and driving dump trucks. It was a great education while I was pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering. The folks working there always seemed like family. They took care of their own. This week the company jumped in with men and equipment to help a nearby neighborhood. They responded to a call from County Commissioner Steve Tyson. Steve was out in the field accessing the damage and had plans to raise money to help the neighborhood. He called Trader for an estimate and the estimate turned into a donation.

Many of our community regularly help those trying to recover from disasters. Teams have gone to Louisiana, Mississippi and Haiti. We have great neighbors. I love North Carolina folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment